History of the Beville Road Church of Christ
The Beville Road Church of Christ is the outgrowth of a congregation established early in the 20th century in Port Orange by the late W. A.Cameron. In 1923, under the initiative of the late C. C. Brown, a congregation was established in the northern section of the city (on the corner of Ridgewood and Kingston Avenues). The Port Orange brethren merged with this new congregation which first met in a rented hall, later moving into the home of C. C. Brown
The church's first house of worship was a small wooden building that was built in 1925 on High Street, just off North Ridgewood and Taylor Avenues, by means of labor and finances donated by members of this and other congregations.
IIn 1941, the congregation purchased property and built a new building on Bay Street in the downtown section of Daytona Beach. Growth of the congregation and congestion in the area forced the quest for a new location and larger facilities
The present location was decided upon, and the present building was completed in late May 1966.In the late 1970's, plans were drawn up for expansion of the existing building to provide more classroom space. In 1985, these plans were revised, and on October 9, 1988 the annex was dedicated.